Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tackling Snowmen...Not cool.


Sorry blog, I've neglected you for a few days. I've been so tired since JQ and I went to the Cali Christmas concert. That was like my big party night before I started my two weeks of full schedule madness.

I've been bussing it like crazy to classes, work, and rehearsals. I have shows on the 16th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th!

Perhaps I forgot to mention that the date is set and I'm moving to Nashville on January 8th! My kick-ass bosses were able to transfer me, so I'll be working out of the Nashville office on January 12th.

I'm so excited to get out of here. I love LA, and I'm going to miss my cousins, co-workers, and JQ and Lorn so much, but I'm ready for a change and I need Guy. He is the only person who keeps me sane (or at least makes me feel sane.)

So that's what has been going on. I need to put together that video montage of our adventures over the past couple of concerts- funny stuff.

Last night, I finally got some downtime. We got paid, and my parents sent Guy and I a nice Christmas gift. They overdid it once again, but I’m done with not accepting presents. I’ve had a rough couple of months, and will take what I can get. I just hope to one day repay everyone who has been super sweet to me.

I got some clothes, and bought myself a hat to remind me of LA. I call it DopeHat. It’s like Frosty the Snowman. He put on a magic hat and came to life. When I put on this hat, I’m superfly.

Yeah, I was watching ABC Family’s 25 days of Christmas last night, and watched Frosty the Snowman, where he marries a snowwoman named Crystal. I love that. It then brought back a memory that pissed me off though.

In high school, a bunch of my guy friends spotted a beautiful new snowman and pulled over to the side of the road. One of them jumped out and tackled the snowman, completely destroying it. I remember being so angry, and thought about how upset I would’ve have been as a kid if someone did that to a snowman my dad and I made. (Well, my dad basically built the snowman, but he made it seem like I was a big help)

A family got together and put a lot of quality time into creating this snowman, and, without a care in the world, this selfish bastard ruins it for a laugh.

I felt a little better when the local newspaper came out with a picture of that snowman on the front page in its happy, fresh, and full form. The paper caught it before those jackholes could Bah-Humbug it.

I will close this never-ending blog with props to my favorite person of the, well week, Tanya Douglas. She’s been helping me out for years, just out of the kindness of her heart. She’s just that kind of person. She sincerely cares about what is going on in a person’s life, and will help without even being asked. She just knows. She’s a music enthusiast too – which I admire. XOXOs to Tanya!

No comments: