Monday, December 22, 2008

MEATY


Apparently the new Burger King fragrance was all the buzz last week. Thanks for the tip, Steve. It's called Flame and is described like so:


The WHOPPER® sandwich is America’s Favorite burger. FLAME™ by BK® captures the essence of that love and gives it to you. Behold the scent of seduction, with a hint of flame-broiled meat.

Umm...okay. Being a vegetarian, this does nothing for me. I can only picture this smelling like my ex-boyfriend in high school that worked at Burger King. Who would actually buy this for real? A biker, maybe? I mean, I can see it flying off the shelves because of consumer curiousity. It's only $5.00 a bottle. Fast forward-March 2009: Flame by the dozens at 99 Cent Stores. It's an interesting concept though.

Guy and I used to live next to a McDonald's and the delightful smells drove us nuts...especially around breakfast. I can see this becoming a trend. Maybe a Dunkin' Donuts shower product line is in the works. Oh - or candles and home scent oils! I'd buy that.

Serious Eats Blog (http://aht.seriouseats.com/) posted some reviews of the body spray. Here's what they had to say:

Gordon: "It smells like cologne."
Michele: "Like aftershave. It smells like a hetero man trying to be even more hetero."
My girlfriend: "Like a truckstop bathroom air freshener."
Raphael: "It smells like this G.I. Joe action figure I had that would spit out a liquid you filled it with. Or like this girl I dated in junior high who had a leather jacket that smelled just like that."
I think it smells like Lincoln Logs—a weird musky combination of pine and tar.



Quite amusing!

No comments: