Friday, November 28, 2008

No Such Thing as a Free Ride?

I beg to differ. As I waited at the bus stop yesterday, with my Thanksgiving Day grocery bags, I realized...this route may not be running today. A yellow cab-van pulled into the gas station next to me, so I asked the lady,"Are you on duty?"

She was, and asked where I was going. I told her. She then said, "This may not seem very professional, but I'm going to give you the ride."

Isn't that amazing? I tried to give her some cash when she dropped me off, but she wouldn't take it. Can you say FPOTD? There are genuinely nice people in this world. I've met a lot of them lately.

The bus driver on the way home let me ride for free too. I didn't ask. He just let me. Nice people. The driver had to work all day, which made me sad. His son was in town from Sacramento, and he had miss out on a nice holiday with his son. He was so positive though. He said, "There are a lot of people less fortunate than us." I agree.

I am very thankful for everything in my life, although, life has been hard lately. I've been hard on myself, and whenever I get an ounce of confidence back, someone or something pushes me back down again. I've had to walk a lot over the past few days, and it's nice to have that thinking time.

I'm a lucky girl, and I know God is looking out for me. He's been dropping me hints all over the place. But, I'm definitely being tested too. I'm just going through one of those downs where something great is going to happen soon, and make this crappy stage seem so silly.

No comments: